How To: Create A Serving Tray
I wanted to try and spice up my house a little bit, make little changes that will add a huge difference in the looks department. So once again I targeted my eye on our “bar area”, and once again the boyfriend was happy that his area was my target. I made a serving tray for his bar area. And I am going to show you how to make a cheap and simple serving tray that can be placed in any area of your house.
Tools & Materials
- A large picture frame (raised not flush sides, raised works best when trying to keep items on the tray.) I got a picture frame from Goodwill for $1.99
- Scrapbook Paper or Fabric of your choice
- Handles… (I got mine from Hobby Lobby they were about $3.99 and I got them when they were 50% off)
- Hot Glue Gun (please use with Caution as the glue gun and glue gets extremely hot)
- You will need a drill screws, and a ruler
I chose a neat little Scrapbook paper design for the picture part of the picture frame. I glued it on the back board of the picture frame so it won’t move around when you move the tray.
Now you add on the handles. As you see in the picture the handles were placed on the side of the tray you can put them at the top if you wish. For us it was easier to place them on the side because of the way the picture frame is built. We measured out the middle of each side, so the handle will be put in the middle then drilled the holes and screwed on the handles.
Next you put the picture frame back together. Now you have a tray for show or most likely for use. can have this tray for show or actually use. I hope you enjoyed this “HOW TO” and enjoy your new serving Tray.