Love & Hip Hop: New York Recap: And Your Little Dog Too
Sophia Body feels like Jade (Rich Dollaz ex-girlfriend from LHHNY season 7, and Marcus Black’s paralegal/side chick in LHHH season 4). Jade never stayed longer than an episode in a half. Meanwhile Sophia has been here an episode too long.
Nothing against Miss Body, but her decision making skills lack foresight. From the showering at a “business meeting” to wanting James R. on a track. When her now ex Jaquae confronted her about doing the James R. video, she blamed Jaquae’s absence. When faced with fixing the situation she not only meets with James R., she accepts a “cute as hell” dog from him. She didn’t even bring up Jaquae’s disapproval.
This all lead to her and her little dog being kicked out onto the streets aka James R.’s arms.
Harlem rapper Cam’ron let slip during The Breakfast Club interview (around the 20 minute mark), that former editor of The Source Kim Osario writes the storylines for LHHNY. She needs some new material. The audience has seen “the woman goes out of town to get away from cheating spouse, only for said spouse to show up.”
LHHATL loves this trope, with Kirk doing it twice (New Orleans and Jamaica) and Waka (Jamaica) got Tammy back by hopping on a plane.
Karl the Creeper didn’t have time to buy a plane ticket, get fresh braids, or get his beard trimmed. But he did have time to drive 8 hours from New York to Raleigh, NC. With a half assed apology, “I wanna put the past behind us...” that stole Lil Mo’s whole heart.
Mini question section
- How did an impromptu visit do more than a counseling session?
- Did Lil Mo forget she had a tracker on her phone?
- Does anyone want to put the past in front of them?
Rich Dollaz dealing with diabetes is enough to carry a season and the scene with him and his mother Jewel proves it. It was heartfelt, honest, and most importantly real. Learning that Rich has lost countless family members to diabetes, put into perspective Jewel’s fear for her son. Couple that with Rich learning about his frat brother Navarro’s father passing out due to diabetes and it’s a wonder why Rich was paired with Anais.
Speaking of Anais, her and her orgy partner Jonathan are friends again. Wonder why viewers weren’t privy to what made Jonathan have a change of heart. Anyway Jonathan feels like a side chick when it comes to his man R&B singer Trent Crews music career. These two talking about spending time together was another genuine moment. Even if at times it felt like Trent was giving Jonathan the runaround
- Why did it take Yandy ending her business relationship with Bianca to find out Bianca is going to school?
- Did Yandy talk to Jonathan about his antics with Bianca off camera?
- Will we find out who told Jonathan about Bianca bad mouthing Yandy?
- How much did James R. pay someone to pretend to give him a dog. Hope she didn’t ask for a song.
- Why didn’t Jaquae keep the dog?
- Rich seriously feels more bad about messing with Anais because she is Navarro’s artist, than Anais being a married.
- Did Jonathan say him and Anais are practically siblings? Family members participate in orgies?
- What's Remy Ma's connection to North Carolina?