Love & Hip Hop: New York Season 8 Episode 9 Recap: Cold As Ice
Quietness is kept, ever since she debuted on LHHNY MariahLynn has spent more time beefing than making music. There was BBOD, Cisco, Rich Dollaz, DJ Self, Major Galore, Sophia, DreamDoll, even Bianca for a sec. Her rivalries know no bounds. Yet she’ll blame her body or lack thereof, her manager or anyone/anything else for her stagnant music career. When Self was honest with her, Mariah fought back verbally, and when DreamDoll was honest with her she fought back physically. Sooner or later Mariah is going to realize she’s fighting the wrong people and will have to fight herself from making bad decisions.
Nothing on this show makes any sense. Case in point Navarro with the help of and Ayesha Diaz fired his ‘wifey’ and her sister Ashley. Yet when Rich Dollaz called a meeting with Anias’ management both Navarro and Ashley was present. Navarro to talk business and Ashley to talk shit to Rich and Navarro. She’s not a fan of Rich messing with a married woman, and she suspects Navarro of doing the same thing.
When she confronts Navarro over deleted text messages, he claims he was setting up a spa day for her. After hearing Navarro’s lame excuse, Ashley reveals that she is pregnant. Navarro taken aback by the news swears he wouldn’t have acted this way if knew she was with child. It didn’t matter, Ashley still packed his bags and kicked him out of the house.
Speaking of breakups, JuJu finally came clean about her and Cam’ron ending their 10-year relationship. Why is every relationship on LHH either the length of a college doctrine or commercial break, there’s no in between? It took a Remy Ma and Yandy visit to get this news out of a visibly hurt JuJu, but this is good news for Safaree’s mom!
Jonathan and Trent went from 0 to 100 back to 0 this week. Trent decided to have a sit down with
Raul Jonathan to discuss Trent’s thotting around town. But Trent came with receipts. Jonathan’s marriage license showing that Jonathan was still married! This piece of paper set Jonathan off and he tried attacking Trent several times even trying to throw a chair. Trent would later show up outside of Jonathan’s door to apologize, and this is where these two decide that a relationship might not be the best thing.
Last week James R’s single release party didn’t go as planned. No Sophia, but plenty of drama. Outside of MariahLynn dropping by to drop some ice, the aftermath was relatively calm in comparison. James R and Jaquae came to a mutual understanding, Jaquae even thanked James for taking Sophia off his hands. Meanwhile when James R and Sophia discussed her absences last night, Miss The Body backtracked on the kiss and everything (besides the puppy) else James R. Insults were shared, drinks were thrown, and James R was left alone with James R.
- Did Yandy really believe her friend (JuJu) being pregnant by her fiance was the reason she was M.I.A.?
- How many people will MariahLynn fight before she realizes the problem is her?
- Who else forgets who's on this show until they either pop on an episode or on the "Next Time On..."
- Why would Self bring up Safaree working with Mariah in front of DreamDoll before Dream and Mariah have there sit down?
- If James R could James R how much James R would James R James R?
- How could Trent not know Jonathan wanted to be exclusive!? Jonathan has been pushing for that every scene they're in.
- Spa day Navarro?
- Is LHH the only place where people are so open with their extramarital affairs?
- Did Peter Gunz have to show up?
- Did this episode have to air on Christmas?